The fourth NCCR RNA & Disease Summer School was scheduled to take place in August 2021. Due to the COVID-19 situation, it was decided to postpone the summer school to August 2022.
NCCR RNA & Disease / Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics Summer School: Computational RNA Biology
August 23 - 28, 2020 - Schwarzenberg (Lucerne), Switzerland
- Single cell RNA analysis
- Long-read RNA sequencing
For researchers of NCCR member and associate member labs the discounted fee of 400 CHF applies. The fee covers participation to the school and full board accommodation in double rooms (5 nights).
This course will be in a face-to-face format complying with the rules associated with the current COVID-19 situation (distance and hygiene). In the event of new restrictions from the Swiss Government, this course will be cancelled, the participants will be informed, and the registration fee will be reimbursed in full.
For more information and registration please go to the summer school's course site on the SIB website.
3rd NCCR RNA & Disease Summer School - RNA Regulation in Health and Disease
26. - 30. 2019 - Saas-Fee - Switzerland
The 3rd NCCR RNA & Disease summer school "RNA Regulation in Health and Disease: Genome architecture and gene expression - RNA turnover - Epitranscriptomics - Phase separation" took place in Saas-Fee, Switzerland from August 26th to 30th 2019.
The Summer School provided the opportunity to share ideas and learn from leading scientists in the field. The program consisted of keynote presentations by invited speakers, workshops in small groups, group discussions lead by the invited speakers, flash talks by participating students and postdocs and plenty of opportunities for networking.
We can once more look back on an inspiring summer school in Saas-Fee and would like to thank the organizers, all invited guests, and participants!
- Matthias Altmeyer - University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Stefan Ameres - Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, Austria
- Claus Azzalin - Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal
- Peter Brodersen - University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Luisa Cochella - Vienna Biocenter Campus (VBC), Austria
- Martine Collart - University of Geneva, Switzerland
- Torben Jensen - Aarhus University, Denmark
- Rory Johnson - University of Bern, Switzerland
- Sebastian Leidel - University of Bern, Switzerland
- Peter Meister - University of Bern, Switzerland
- Donal O'Carroll - University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Uwe Ohler - Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medeicine, Germany
- Magdalini Polymenidou - University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Juan M. Vaquerizas - Max-Plack-Institute for Molecular Biomedicine, Germany
2nd NCCR RNA & Disease Summer School - RNA & RNP architecture: from structure to function to disease
28. August - September 1. 2017 - Saas-Fee - Switzerland
From August 28th to September 1st 2017, the NCCR RNA & Disease organised its second Summer School in Saas-Fee, Switzerland. The five-day Summer School “RNA & RNP architecture: from structure to function to disease” allowed students and postdoctoral researchers to expand their knowledge in the field of RNA structure and its importance in function and disease. A one-day workshop dedicated to RNA techniques provided the unique opportunity for participants to gain deep insights into the state of the art methodologies in the field. The program consisted of keynote presentations from invited speakers, discussion groups and presentations from participating students and postdocs.
- Frédéric Allain - ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Nenad Ban - ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Scott Blanchard - Weill Cornell Medical College, USA
- Jeffrey Chao - Friedrich Miescher Institute, Switzerland
- David Gatfield - University of Lauanne, Switzerland
- Martin Jinek - University of Zürich, Switzerland
- Ronald Micura - University of Innsbruck, Austria
- Gunter Meister - University of Regensburg, Germany
- Oliver Mühlemann - University of Bern, Switzerland
- Norbert Polacek - University of Bern, Switzerland
- Robert Schneider - NYU School of Medicine, USA
- Kevin Weeks - University of North Carolina, USA
- Eric Westhof - IBMC/CNRS, France
- Mihaela Zavolan - University of Basel, Switzerland
1st NCCR RNA & Disease Summer School - RNA as Target and Drug
August 24th -28th 2015 in Saas-Fee - Switzerland
The NCCR RNA & Disease actively promotes the education of young researchers. To stimulate exchange between young researchers and leading scientists in the field of RNA Biology and RNA therapeutics, we organized the 1st NCCR RNA & Disease Summer School covering the topic “RNA as Target and Drug”. The Summer School provided the opportunity to share ideas and learn about the RNA molecule both as target for therapies and as a drug, interactively with internationally renowned scientists from academia and industry.
The first NCCR RNA & Disease Summer School took place from August 24th to 28th 2015 in Saas-Fee, Switzerland. The program consisted of keynote presentations from invited speakers, discussion panels and presentations from participating PhD students, postdocs, and MSc students.
- Akin Akinc - Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Cambridge, USA
- Suzanne Braga - Medical Genetics, PPM, Bern, Switzerland
- Serge Braun - AFM-Théléthon, France
- Thomas A. Cooper - Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, USA
- Jonathan Hall - ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Ryszard Kole - Sarepta Therapeutics, Cambridge, USA
- Erich Koller - Roche, Basel, Switzerland
- Daniel Schümperli - University of Bern, Switzerland
- Markus Stoffel - ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Andrea Ventura - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA
- Dimitrios Zisoulis - Regulus Therapeutics, San Diego, USA